1.Degree in Creative Arts or related field
2. 5+ years of broadcast design experience in a TV news environment.
3. Prior management/supervisory experience in a creative capacity; minimum of 3 years preferred.
4. Solid understanding of the creative development process.
5. Strong design and conceptualization skills.
6. Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Expertise level of Adobe After-Effects, Cinema 4D, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator etc. VizRT experience a plus.
8. A thorough understanding of the trends in visual aesthetics and designs of television news, specifically relating to an international audience.
9. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding live/24-hour news environment.
10. Must be informed on international affairs and have a deep interest in China and other APAC countries.
11. Must be able to work irregular hours and work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
12. Fluent English speaker and good command of written English.
China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization.
It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
By launching CGTN, we want to re-brand our product to the world, to cope with the global trend in media convergence.
CGTN English is the flagship channel.
The strategy, “Mobile first”, aims to fulfill the demands of global viewers and users for easier access to content on different platforms.
With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.