SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
2. 3-5 + years in broadcast journalism with international news experience.
3. Fluent English speaker and familiarity with Mandarin Chinese preferred.
4. Have demonstrated a passion for delivering news in a fast, accurate and compelling way to a global audience.
5. Proven team player who can overcome communication gaps and rapidly-changing scenarios.
6. Knowledge of iNews and video editing proficiency
7. Live shot ENG production experience.
8. A strong grasp of international affairs, with a deep interest in China and other APAC countries.
China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization.
It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
By launching CGTN, we want to re-brand our product to the world, to cope with the global trend in media convergence.
CGTN English is the flagship channel.
The strategy, “Mobile first”, aims to fulfill the demands of global viewers and users for easier access to content on different platforms.
With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.