We are seeking a Guest booker responsible for coordinating and managing guest booking for daily coverage and breaking news at our global headquarters in Beijing.
1. Research, book and manage guests for daily news coverage and breaking news.
2. Pitch stories and select guests to add value to segments, working with a team of senior producers, input editors, writers, reporters.
3. Research and prepare briefings on guests for producers and talent.
4. Prove to be a self-starter in managing all logistics for guests from start to finish, while working in an effective team environment.
5. Manage futures planning and big concept ideas centred on guests.
6. Expand contacts database covering a variety of expertise, especially in China.
7. Have a clear understanding of how social media is used to cover and influence news events.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 3+ years of experience at network or cable news outlet.
2. Significant contacts for researching and booking high profile guests.
3. Must have strong editorial judgment, be news savvy and have a deep interest in current events.
4. Must be a self-starter who demonstrates initiative and who comes in each day brimming with ideas.
5. Must be able to manage competing priorities and multi-task throughout the day.
6. Ability to work in fast-paced environment, deal with intense deadline pressure and continually react to breaking news.
7. Strong communication and organizational skills.
8. Understanding Mandarin Chinese a plus.
China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization.
It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
By launching CGTN, we want to re-brand our product to the world, to cope with the global trend in media convergence.
CGTN English is the flagship channel.
The strategy, “Mobile first”, aims to fulfill the demands of global viewers and users for easier access to content on different platforms.
With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.