CBBC are recruiting a Copywriter and Editor in our Research & Consulting team. The position will be based in Beijing/Shanghai.
This role will specifically be to support aspects of the CBBC’s China Gateway consultancy portfolio which includes: market research, meetings programmes and finding new China business opportunities. Key responsibilities are summarised below. This role reports to CBBC China Research Manager and is situated within the CBBC China Business Development team.
1. Client Communications and Documentation Editing
Proofreading, editing and writing of key documents which are sent to CBBC’s clients, including:
• China Gateway proposals, quotations and reports for clients using CBBC’s events
• Creating and updating profiles to promote China based research staff and project teams
• Conducting own research and writing reports
• Taking an active role in ensuring that projects are successfully managed in order to achieve client deadlines
• Assisting sector / project teams in allocation of projects when necessary
2. UK & China Team Coordination
This role will coordinate paid consultancy services work that CBBC delivers for clients both in China and the UK. Responsibilities will include:
• Creating case studies
• Following up with our UK team on pending projects
• Conduct basic due diligence checks on UK companies
3. Business Development Work
With the specific purpose of promoting services CBBC deliver for our clients, the holder of this position will be expected to take an active role:
• Contributing to internal project meetings
• At CBBC external events
4. Management & Supervision
• Manage a team of young professionals and editorial staff
• Recruitment and selection of editorial team members
Organisation and communication skills will be critical, and it will require considerable self-motivation, discipline and organisation. We are specifically looking for applicants with:
• Native English Speaker
• Excellent copywriting and editing skills in English
• Degree level education, ideally with a background in business, management, business information systems or language.
• Self-motivated, disciplined and able to work independently with attention to detail.
• Highly organised, practical, persuasive and target-driven
• Effective team-working ability, outgoing personality and able to communicate effectively with a wide network of people from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
• Ability to manage large amounts of information and multi-task.
• 2 years relevant work experience (preferred)
• Mandarin language skills (Desirable)
• Experience needed in using PowerPoint, Excel and Word and CRM systems.
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator (Desirable)
• Requisite experience to qualify for a China working visa.
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter explaining how your personality and experience meet our requirements together with detailed CV in English, an indication of your current salary and expected salary to the following email address: email@example.com ;
The closing date for application is 22nd September 2019. We encourage early applications. We will be reviewing applications as they come in therefore you may be contacted before the closing date if we wish to take forward your application. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.